返回列表 發帖

[其他飲食] Any satay here are grilled not deep fried

請問有冇人知道那處有新鮮燒而不是炸熟的沙爹呢 ??

I'm only aware of places like Tropica, etc. had skewered satay...but beyond that: I haven't been to any SE Asian restaurant places that I like here in Vancouver.

You can make satay skewers if you like, so long as you have a BBQ gas stove and time to do it yourself...

Q.

TOP

Haha....as I know most of the Malaysia restaurant...usually deep fried first....even some of them put in "ding ding" first tim ah

TOP

Sate are good to eat only when they are freshly made and  cooked over charcoal.
Deepfried  sate is gross,  yes, I know many restaurants  deepfry sate.
千年百年煙雲外,縈懷的又豈是嬝娜輕愁..縱然碎落滿空星斗,我卻無法拭去記憶中那抹小小的 偶然, 凄酸 啊以及妳 長長睫影下的淚痕

TOP

Just saw a pic of satay here:
http://chowtimes.com/2013/03/11/ ... pstan-way-richmond/

They don't look deep fried... or are they? not sure.

TOP

回復 5# ACC-HE

I tried that restaurant with their satay, not impressed...

TOP

回復 4# somewhereintime
A lot of ppl want their satay super moist and tender.
So many restaurants go for the safe shortcut and deep fry satay.
I actually want my satay to have some texture and char. Not saying I want them super dry and not chew-able.
Only place I am sure don't deep fry satay is Maenam (Thai not Malaysian restaurant) but they were a bit dry.

TOP

回復 7# 布小熊

It is not that difficult to make the sate  tender and juicy,
it is laziness and "who-cares" attitude
千年百年煙雲外,縈懷的又豈是嬝娜輕愁..縱然碎落滿空星斗,我卻無法拭去記憶中那抹小小的 偶然, 凄酸 啊以及妳 長長睫影下的淚痕

TOP

回復  布小熊

It is not that difficult to make the sate  tender and juicy,
it is laziness and "who- ...
somewhereintime 發表於 2013-3-11 01:39 PM

I agree. Also may be the cost too.

TOP

本帖最後由 peter236 於 2013-3-11 14:44 編輯
請問有冇人知道那處有新鮮燒而不是炸熟的沙爹呢 ??
hirokendo 發表於 2013-3-10 21:12


Prata-Man Singapore Cuisine 百達門星洲美食
I haven't tried their satay for a long time, so I don't know if they are fried.

TOP

返回列表