標題: Any good music lounge or bar [打印本頁] 作者: mucc1928 時間: 2010-1-29 13:09 標題: Any good music lounge or bar
Hello I am looking for a piano lounge or music bar. I only know there is a jazz bar at downtown, as well as at Cellar near Alma at Broadway. There is a few gay bars with decent piano players, but I am annoyed of being picked up while I just want to drink and think alone.
I want to find a place to drink beer quietly and with live piano music, because my mood is pretty bad lately.
Does anyone have any recommendation?作者: ACC-HE 時間: 2010-1-29 14:48
hmm... I guess some high end hotel should have something like that.作者: mucc1928 時間: 2010-1-29 15:39
Hmm, I tried canada place, but i don't see any piano lounge Thank you for your suggestion though.作者: ACC-HE 時間: 2010-1-29 15:46
Aberdeen 7th Heaven have live music on weekends... used to? still does? not sure.. but from what I remember it is not piano, but a band.. for aunties and uncles to dance.作者: tofu 時間: 2010-1-29 15:56
one on main around 16th ave, one on commercial drive, north of 1st ave and one on denman, close to georgia
are they good? totally depends on your mood la. but they are not expensive
as i remember someone is playing piano at the lounge in canada place. they removed the piano already?作者: 布小熊 時間: 2010-1-29 17:00
depending on what music. I think Lime on Commercial has shows. But have mini charge or ticket price.
If you like Flamenco music/dance (not soft piano type at all), you can go to Kino's on Cambie St.作者: mucc1928 時間: 2010-1-29 18:21
Yeah, 7th sky used to have band playing ballroom music, but I heard that it was discontinued.
I know the one on Main and Denman, yet both of them are band or coffee house music. North of 1st avenue on Commerical? Hmm...i dont' recall there is a lounge around there...wll check that out. For canada place, Ii went there on last sat nite...around 10pm, but yeah...no music. So disappointed.
Lime, yes, it's usually a band or coffee house style. I went there once, and the environment is great. May try out kino, thank you!
thank you for all the helps here. Now i start to think..piano lougne is so rare in Vancouver! Do i have to go to Oasis on davie street....it's the only piano lounge I could find...too bad it's a gay lounge作者: 布小熊 時間: 2010-1-30 00:19
本帖最後由 布小熊 於 2010-1-30 01:21 編輯
7#mucc1928
Oh! I think I need to clarify. Kino has live music but it's usually Flamenco Guitar. Don't believe they have a piano there.
Also I think Ouisia on Granville St & ~14th had live band a few years ago (it was a Jazz band when I went) but I am not sure if they still have it now.