Board logo

標題: How come it is not a holiday today? [打印本頁]

作者: peter236    時間: 2010-2-15 13:27     標題: How come it is not a holiday today?

They have holiday in other provinces, in the US, China, Hong Kong, Korea and Taiwan.
作者: myversa    時間: 2010-2-15 13:30

Sorry in US it's not a holiday neither.
作者: news    時間: 2010-2-15 13:42

lol..omg...u can give yourself a holiday if u want
作者: peter236    時間: 2010-2-15 13:51

Sorry in US it's not a holiday neither.
myversa 發表於 2010-2-15 14:30

Today it is a federal holiday in the US, Washington's Birthday (President's Day)
Even the stock markets in the US are closed.
作者: zuesel    時間: 2010-2-15 13:57

Ok, so what does a US, Washington's Birthday (President's Day) has to do with Canada?
I don't get it, are you saying that Canada should celebrate a US president's BD too? China, Hong Kong, Korea and Taiwan celebrating a US president's BD also?? **confused*
作者: totori    時間: 2010-2-15 13:58

It is also Family Day  in AB, ON, SK, TSX is closed today as well
作者: zuesel    時間: 2010-2-15 13:59

Too bad, BC doesn't have Family day. I used to live in Alberta and that was nice!
作者: peter236    時間: 2010-2-15 14:14

Ok, so what does a US, Washington's Birthday (President's Day) has to do with Canada?
I don't get it, are you saying that Canada should celebrate a US president's BD too? China, Hong Kong, Korea and T ...
zuesel 發表於 2010-2-15 14:57

A lot of people want a holiday between Christmas and Easter. That is why they have Family Day holiday in other provinces.
作者: myversa    時間: 2010-2-15 14:20

Yes I do agree we should have some type of holidays between Christmas and Easter but I thought you were asking why we do not have Chinese New Year as Holidays in Canada when you compared today to Taiwan, China, and Hong Kong.
作者: 快樂牛郎    時間: 2010-2-15 14:27

It's a holiday today but I am still at work
haha
作者: zuesel    時間: 2010-2-15 14:40

I agree, it's nice to have a holiday....lots of holidays! Coming from a worker's pov, it's great! But from an employer's pov, they would hate that! LOL!

I am still at work too...poor us!
作者: somewhereintime    時間: 2010-2-15 16:39

7# zuesel


The BC Teachers dedicated today as Pro D Day, the staffs and students do not go to school,
so it is kind of holiday with pay.
I did a seminar for a group of 25 teachers today while the school was closed.
作者: tiffiant    時間: 2010-2-15 17:15

why do we neeed chineseholiday?
this is crazy
作者: peter236    時間: 2010-2-15 21:28

why do we neeed chineseholiday?
this is crazy
tiffiant 發表於 2010-2-15 18:15

We need a holiday between Christmas and Easter.
作者: tiffiant    時間: 2010-2-15 21:38

We need a holiday between Christmas and Easter.
peter236 發表於 2010-2-15 21:28




ya, canada has chinese holiday
woaowowaawow this is non-sense~~~~~~
so canada should add all the nationalities holiday~~~~~
作者: myversa    時間: 2010-2-15 22:21

it does not have to be Chinese holiday but at least one holiday for the three months...
作者: somewhereintime    時間: 2010-2-15 22:24

16# myversa

Valentine's Day
作者: tiffiant    時間: 2010-2-15 22:29

valentine's day is aholiday? holy shiit
i hope our new created-family have a good holiday yesterday
::
作者: tofu    時間: 2010-2-15 22:49

christmas or boxing day are not holiday in taiwan or china
thanksgiving day is not a holiday in asia
so every place has its own set of holidays, so why complaint
of course i don't mind to have more public holidays la
作者: myversa    時間: 2010-2-15 22:52

just wish there is at least one holiday per month;
作者: tiffiant    時間: 2010-2-15 23:35

one holiday a month..........that is..........cruel~~~~~

作者: 嘉嘉    時間: 2010-2-16 00:17

I just had my holiday
I have sunday and monday for days off LOL
作者: prelude318is    時間: 2010-2-16 23:17

Do we have the same number of holidays than other provinces?
作者: tiffiant    時間: 2010-2-16 23:31

don't think so
why could alberta has bc day?
作者: myversa    時間: 2010-2-17 12:45

Do we have the same number of holidays than other provinces?
prelude318is 發表於 2010-2-17 00:17


no and here is lists of different holidays each provinces have:

http://www.pch.gc.ca/pgm/ceem-cced/jfa-ha/prov-eng.cfm
作者: tiffiant    時間: 2010-2-17 12:55

each province has its own holiday




歡迎光臨 溫哥華老友記討論區 (http://www.loyaukee.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2