Board logo

標題: [咖啡店與茶館] Agape Coffee [打印本頁]

作者: ricrick    時間: 2008-5-21 01:00     標題: Agape Coffee

在列治文統一商場(大統華)地下有一間貌似Yaletown Style 的咖啡店叫Agape Coffee靜悄悄開張了,我想他們仍在試業未Grand open
這間店鋪與週邊的商鋪好吾match,但看起來別樹一格,很stand out,大家有冇試過?
作者: 布小熊    時間: 2008-5-21 08:35

I will but not yet.
作者: yujie    時間: 2008-9-6 00:13

I want to try sometime too~
作者: ah_wai    時間: 2009-4-13 17:04

OK ga...i tried
their drinks are pretty good, I like their Honey Lemon green tea, italian style!
and their Cheesecake is SUPER good too!!!!

Inside looks nice and clean w/ sofas, very comfy!
作者: pkphilip    時間: 2009-4-13 22:43

本帖最後由 pkphilip 於 2009-4-13 23:45 編輯

I've been there to do some "detective" work because I was in the market to open a cafe. When I went there, only a guy was working there. My friend ordered the drink while I snooped around taking pictures and observed how the place was operated.

Surprisingly, the place is using a super-automatic expresso machine!! For a dedicated cafe, I would expect a semi-automatic machine, the rest would be SKILLS!! What this mean is, the coffee is made by a machine, and the person who operates (can't call him/her a barrista) it just follow the "recipe" to mix in whatever is required.

The place has no kitchen, so most of the offerings are ready-made. The cakes are purcahsed from a local bakery. There is a panini grill, toaster and a blender for iced-drinks.

Aside from that, the coffee is decent. I have to give kudos for the guy who made my coffee caz I delibrately made my order somewhat challenging. It was fun to look at him going through the "recipe" and working with the machines. I just wanted to test how efficient this place would be. The guy of course, is a newbie.

The price for the coffee is acceptable, specialty coffee started at $2.75 for a small. They should be able to pull in some profit if they can do the volume.






Philip
作者: peter236    時間: 2009-4-13 23:01

I've been there to do some "detective" work because I was in the market to open a cafe. When I went there, only a guy was working there. My friend ordered the drink while I snooped around taking pictu ...
pkphilip 發表於 2009-4-13 23:43


You snooped around in the coffee shop? Do they have anti-theft cameras that snooped back at you, LOL?
作者: rockypath    時間: 2009-4-13 23:35

I am a bit worried for them that might end up following the foot step of Starbucks at Aberdeen. That mall does not have much traffic and people shop there might not be interested in coffee that much. They might prefer a HK style milk tea than a coffee.

But I really hope they can survise.
作者: ricrick    時間: 2009-4-14 03:11

i think their customers are those ppl who walk thru between yaohan, tnt and aberdeen
maybe some visitors from Radisson hotel too
that super-automatic expresso machine looks expensive
it can keep the quality for sure
作者: cicilau    時間: 2009-4-14 14:19

Nice to see another new coffee shop in Richmond......not sure how it compares with La Cuisson, my favorite coffee shop......
作者: chocobun    時間: 2009-4-14 20:18

Nice to see another new coffee shop in Richmond......not sure how it compares with La Cuisson, my favorite coffee shop......
cicilau 發表於 2009-4-14 15:19


where's La Cuisson? why is it so good?
作者: its_visa    時間: 2009-4-14 20:51

10# chocobun


i think this one is @ the same mall as richmond sushi? if im correct...........lol
作者: rockypath    時間: 2009-4-14 21:11

where's La Cuisson? why is it so good?
chocobun 發表於 2009-4-14 21:18


It is in the same mall as Richmond Sushi and Marekt 2000.
I was told that they roast their own coffee (I don't know whether it is true).  I only tried its regular latte and didn't find any special about it. Maybe its specialty coffee would be good.
作者: chocobun    時間: 2009-4-14 22:07

It is in the same mall as Richmond Sushi and Marekt 2000.
I was told that they roast their own coffee (I don't know whether it is true).  I only tried its regular latte and didn't find any special  ...
rockypath 發表於 2009-4-14 22:11

haha then i wont go try lah.. i only drink latte..^^"
作者: benyaoguai    時間: 2009-4-14 23:07

i've tried it~
beats the starbucks that closed in aberdeen XD
作者: fibbi    時間: 2009-4-14 23:22

Sounds good! I will give it a try later!
作者: peter236    時間: 2009-4-14 23:57

It is in the same mall as Richmond Sushi and Marekt 2000.
I was told that they roast their own coffee (I don't know whether it is true).  I only tried its regular latte and didn't find any special  ...
rockypath 發表於 2009-4-14 22:11


Is that the Taiwanese coffee shop with tables outside?
作者: salad_bread    時間: 2009-4-15 00:40

This coffee shop is located next to T&T supermarket in Richmond
I just tried it this afternoon

well ... not very good, not very bad ... average la
they have cheese cake too, Coffee + Cheese cake combo = $7.XX
作者: peter236    時間: 2009-4-15 01:17

This coffee shop is located next to T&T supermarket in Richmond
I just tried it this afternoon

well ... not very good, not very bad ... average la
they have cheese cake too, Coffee + Cheese cake comb ...
salad_bread 發表於 2009-4-15 01:40


yeah, but they are taking about another coffee shop called La Cuisson.
作者: rockypath    時間: 2009-4-15 02:20

Is that the Taiwanese coffee shop with tables outside?
peter236 發表於 2009-4-15 00:57


Yes, it is the one.
作者: YeeLok    時間: 2009-4-20 22:19

the place seem so quiet and not much 人流
price is fair...and nice atmosphere
but only one person working...a bit slow!
作者: rockypath    時間: 2009-4-20 23:41

20# YeeLok

I personally believe it is not a good location to run a coffee shop. If Starbucks couldn't survive in Aberdeen, how can it in a much smaller mall with much less traffic(not suggesting its coffee is not as good as Starbucks)?




歡迎光臨 溫哥華老友記討論區 (http://www.loyaukee.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2