Board logo

標題: [中餐館] 梅x餐廳發現老鼠,嚇死我 [打印本頁]

作者: bbuuee    時間: 2009-5-13 09:24     標題: 梅x餐廳發現老鼠,嚇死我

尋晚9點幾去minoru梅x食curry牛腩. 一坐低car位女友話見到對面排car位底有d影走過,本來我都唔信.
一望,wa! 有隻好似電話咁大既mickey走過,再過兩個位(近我地小小)mini 都係買道.
嚇得我即刻同佢地反映. during our conversation, 前面張臺又有一隻係正我地面前行過.大家都見到,佢夠ginger話無,我諗都唔係first time.

之前四圍都係flies, 試過叫一碗擔擔面,3碗都有flies 係inside.
我以後真係唔敢再去
作者: icing    時間: 2009-5-13 09:29

oh.... should report to the Health department
作者: somewhereintime    時間: 2009-5-13 09:40

1# bbuuee
I speak as a paying customer, nothing to do with my profession.
Restaurants should have the obligation to maintain certain standard, both quality of food and drinks, service level and sanitation.
The quality of Mui Gardxx have dropped a lot, I used to go there often. Last time I went to the one on Victoria Drive, I ordered the Curried Beef with rice.  It was so amusing the way they served curry: 2 pieces of steamed potato in a bowl, top with 5 small pieces of boiled beef rib-finger meat, no taste of curry, then some lukewarm curry sauce pour over, the rice served on the side was yellowish in colour and barely warm to touch. Obviously they use the boiled beef for other dish so they do not cook it in curry, they cook everything separate to prevent food from spoilage, and frugal on
rice. My question is: would you expect customers to appreciate that?
Yes, I spotted Mickey & Minnies too. Do you think they deserve repeat business from you?
作者: news    時間: 2009-5-13 09:44

i went to the one in coq last week..it was still ok tho
作者: somewhereintime    時間: 2009-5-13 09:49

I've been the one on Main Street, very dirty
The one on Hastings and  Robson market changed hand.
作者: bubblesalt    時間: 2009-5-13 10:03

Yeah.. I used to go to Minoru one alot... But last time I went it was dirty... No mickeys, but EVERYTHING is sticky... You know when you sit down the table is sticky, the menu is sticky.....

Not going again lor... I used to wonder why?  Their food used to be soo good, but why no one goes there anymore, now I know..
作者: yoshi86    時間: 2009-5-13 10:06

好不安,唔敢再去。。。
作者: ACC-HE    時間: 2009-5-13 10:07

does mice outside of a restaurant mean there are mice inside?
作者: 小叻    時間: 2009-5-13 10:11

OMG.. 佢地D米奇家族活躍到走晒出黎~~入面仲得點~~~~
佢地D 咖喱牛腩差左好多囉~ 咖喱汁都OK, 但D牛腩超渣~
作者: somewhereintime    時間: 2009-5-13 10:21

6# bubblesalt [/

I always surprise how Chinese customers would tolerate  poor service and filthy premises when they go out for food. I understand it is not easy to make big profit from restaurant business, but it is their sole decision to invest.  Why can't we expect similar  sanitation condition as other foodservice when we patronize Chinese restaurants?
Some Chinese restaurants's dining room smell like washroom(or even worse) that would just ruin my appetite. I doubt the Chinese restaurant would pay union rate for janitoring and the cleaning expenses should be accounted for.
Once I went to the men's room  while dining in a Chinese steakhouse, just to find that there are 4 sacks of rice piling on the floor, and 4 gallons of bleach and de-greaser chemical placed on top of the rice. Just wondering how they  would handle food in the kitchen considering how they do in the guest area.
作者: Ultraman    時間: 2009-5-13 10:28

does mice outside of a restaurant mean there are mice inside?
ACC-HE 發表於 2009-5-13 10:07

The case was they saw the micky and friends inside wor.
作者: Ultraman    時間: 2009-5-13 10:35

Maybe it's by chance or just coincidence, I've seen small animals and bugs in some Chinese restaurants but never in "Western" ones. And I've experienced kitchen staffs hopped into the men's room and didn't wash their hands after big and small business, but also never seen this in "Western" restaurants before.
作者: somewhereintime    時間: 2009-5-13 10:59

Maybe it's by chance or just coincidence, I've seen small animals and bugs in some Chinese restaurants but never in "Western" ones. And I've experienced kitchen staffs hopped into the men's room and d ...
Ultraman 發表於 2009-5-13 10:35

Once I went to the washroom  after I placed my order in a Japanese restaurant, a sushi chef just finished his business in the toilet cubicle ,  rinse his fingertips for a few seconds then rushed back to the sushi bar. I canceled my dinner and left immediately...plain gross.
作者: habitrailspace    時間: 2009-5-13 11:02

尋晚9點幾去minoru梅x食curry牛腩. 一坐低car位女友話見到對面排car位底有d影走過,本來我都唔信.
一望,wa! 有隻好似電話咁大既mickey走過,再過兩個位(近我地小小)mini 都係買道.
嚇得我即刻同佢地反映. during our c ...
bbuuee 發表於 2009-5-13 10:24

did u take any picture?
作者: peter236    時間: 2009-5-13 11:04

does mice outside of a restaurant mean there are mice inside?
ACC-HE 發表於 2009-5-13 11:07


you know, if there are mice running on the street, there is possibility that there are mice in any of the restaurant on the same street.
作者: somewhereintime    時間: 2009-5-13 11:07

12# Ultraman
Staffs in Western restaurant are instructed to use the staff washrooms, while
some Chinese  restaurants  use the staff washrooms for  food storage, even
worst, for food preparation
作者: news    時間: 2009-5-13 11:13

13# somewhereintime

which one was that??/?
作者: chunsh    時間: 2009-5-13 11:17

I saw two little mices in 牛X during 07 christmas
作者: Lik    時間: 2009-5-13 11:28

you know, if there are mice running on the street, there is possibility that there are mice in any of the restaurant on the same street.
peter236 發表於 2009-5-13 11:04

笑咗~

咁嘅說話都講得出,真係唔寫個「服」字俾你都唔得~

-力
作者: Ultraman    時間: 2009-5-13 11:41

Once I went to the washroom  after I placed my order in a Japanese restaurant, a sushi chef just finished his business in the toilet cubicle ,  rinse his fingertips for a few seconds then rushed back ...
somewhereintime 發表於 2009-5-13 10:59

I should rephrase the term "Chinese restaurants", I wanted to mean: "Chinese run restaurants". Is that "Japanese" restaurant actually runs by Japanese or Chinese? I have no intention to say Japanese is any better or cleaner or more discipline than Chinese, but just being curious.
作者: Ultraman    時間: 2009-5-13 11:46

12# Ultraman
Staffs in Western restaurant are instructed to use the staff washrooms, while
some Chinese  restaurants  use the staff washrooms for  food storage, even
worst, for food preparation
somewhereintime 發表於 2009-5-13 11:07

Imagine if a kitchen staff once pees on the kitchen floor, would you feel gross if the chef preparing food in the kitchen?
My thought, if the staff washroom is never been used as a washroom as it should be and providing that if everything is clean, then I don't feel a problem if it's being used for food storage and/or even for food preparation.
作者: somewhereintime    時間: 2009-5-13 12:13

Imagine if a kitchen staff once pees on the kitchen floor, would you feel gross if the chef preparing food in the kitchen?
My thought, if the staff washroom is never been used as a washroom as it sho ...
Ultraman 發表於 2009-5-13 11:46

Please understand what you do in a licensed premise is regulated and monitored by local health authority. You can only do food preparation  at designated area as laid out in the plan. I seen video clips that kitchen staffs peed into soup kettle too, does boiling the urine for hours make it safer or less gross to you?
After seeing that they marinating BBQ chickens and hanging dry Ducks  beside the filthy urinal with all the dirty toilet paper, do you still have your healthy appetite?
作者: somewhereintime    時間: 2009-5-13 12:15

20# Ultraman

Your assumption is right, it was a high-end Japanese restaurant operated by
Taiwanese.  Someone is going to get upset.
作者: Ultraman    時間: 2009-5-13 12:28

Please understand what you do in a licensed premise is regulated and monitored by local health authority. You can only do food preparation  at designated area as laid out in the plan. I seen video cl ...
somewhereintime 發表於 2009-5-13 12:13

Of course I understand what you meant. But I don't work in the related department, I'm just thinking as a regular customer/consumer. Really, who cares if the chef prepares/makes the food in those designated areas or not? To be more precise, maybe there is a designated counter top only for chopping but somehow a chef uses it to pour soup? The most important thing is both the person making the food and the place where the food is being made are clean (and also the dinning area as well as the cutlery and stuff are clean).
作者: somewhereintime    時間: 2009-5-13 12:41

24# Ultraman
My idea is: If I  can get reasonable good service and clean environment when I go to Mc Donxxx for a small price, why can't I expect the same from a place that charge me
4 times more? is it too much to ask for?
The food at White Spot, Cactus Club may not be fancy, but I can dine without fear of getting sick afterward.
Chinese cooks learn hard to cook good foods, but they do not pay much attention to sanitation.  It is better safe than sorry, if you ask me.
作者: peter236    時間: 2009-5-13 14:28

24# Ultraman
My idea is: If I  can get reasonable good service and clean environment when I go to Mc Donxxx for a small price, why can't I expect the same from a place that charge me
4 times more? i ...
somewhereintime 發表於 2009-5-13 13:41


You will be surprised by what they do at western style fast foods restaurants in the US. Remember the Mcdonalds with rats in New York? There are youtube videos showing how dirty these US style fast foods restaurants can be.
作者: cinderelly    時間: 2009-5-13 14:42

holy.. ho gang ah T_T
we used to go there weekly cuz we lived really close to them
but they were starting to get really dirty so we stopped going there..
作者: rockypath    時間: 2009-5-13 15:19

same here. i used to go there very often since I really love its curry. however, we now stop going there since my gf refuses to dinne there since it becomes so dirty. If I am craving for its curry, I have to order take-out myself and she will not share it with me.
作者: Ultraman    時間: 2009-5-13 15:33

24# Ultraman
My idea is: If I  can get reasonable good service and clean environment when I go to Mc Donxxx for a small price, why can't I expect the same from a place that charge me
4 times more? i ...
somewhereintime 發表於 2009-5-13 12:41

I think, as customers we can have two perspectives:
Either we assume every restaurant are clean (including staffs and food and environment), until we actually see something bad.
Or, we assume every restaurant would have a little something which is dirty but until we actually see they're good.
The fact is, how can consumers know before hand whether the restaurant has absolutely no issue or not before they actually see the problem by themselves or any serious complaints arose to the public?!
作者: decane    時間: 2009-5-13 16:21

i only went to mui's garden in richmond way back when they just open (and the store already smells)

I only go to the original store now (on Victoria Dr.)
作者: peter236    時間: 2009-5-13 16:42

i only went to mui's garden in richmond way back when they just open (and the store already smells)

I only go to the original store now (on Victoria Dr.)
decane 發表於 2009-5-13 17:21


there was another western restaurant there before, that's why it smells when it open.
作者: 草莓妹妹    時間: 2009-5-13 16:49

嘩~~ Mickey and Minnie 同佢地班朋友出嚟開party呀~~~ 好恐怖啊!
我通常都係去North Road嗰間。都幾乾淨。
不過我覺得Victoria嗰間都係嘛嘛乾淨。都算過得去~~~

By the way, 你有冇Mickey同Minnie影相呀?如果有嘅話你可以告發佢。
作者: CWong    時間: 2009-5-13 17:28

烤老鼠肉好好味!
作者: mcs889    時間: 2009-5-13 17:29

get some money back?
作者: mcjohnjohn    時間: 2009-5-13 17:50

笑咗~

咁嘅說話都講得出,真係唔寫個「服」字俾你都唔得~

-力
Lik 發表於 2009-5-14 03:28

你第一日識Peter 仔咩... 下次佢會講地球上有老鼠, 老鼠有腳會周圍走, 因為中餐好食過西餐 , 所以佢地多數都走左入中式餐廳.
作者: bbuuee    時間: 2009-5-13 17:51

i was 太驚, and they were too fast so i didn't take any picture. without a picture i cannot report to health department?
mouse running arround inside the restuarent is very horrible in canada

i saw the mouse right after i sit down and order so i didn't not pay anything
作者: meowmeowmeow    時間: 2009-5-13 18:33

I used to go there alot when it first open too... But after awhile the food is not as good as it used to be, then we stopped going...
作者: Ultraman    時間: 2009-5-13 20:01

i was 太驚, and they were too fast so i didn't take any picture. without a picture i cannot report to health department?
mouse running arround inside the restuarent is very horrible in canada

i saw t ...
bbuuee 發表於 2009-5-13 17:51

If you really want them to learn a lesson as well as to warn other people, you can file a complain without any solid evidence, they'll go investigate. And if the situation is really that bad like you said, they don't really need to "investigate" anything and will see the amazing scene very easily.
作者: bbuuee    時間: 2009-5-13 20:53

If you really want them to learn a lesson as well as to warn other people, you can file a complain without any solid evidence, they'll go investigate. And if the situation is really that bad like you ...
Ultraman 發表於 2009-5-13 21:01


should i? is it complicated?
作者: chobit    時間: 2009-5-13 21:09

Here is a site you can come to check out for inspection status:
http://www.foodinspectionweb.vcha.ca/Nav-Main.htm
作者: blue20ae    時間: 2009-5-13 21:12

The last health inspection was on April 21.  Rodent and pest problem was listed.

http://www.foodinspectionweb.vch ... 4-8057-0080C86E0695

The Vancouver Coastal Heath web site is very useful to screen restaurant

http://www.foodinspectionweb.vcha.ca/Nav-Main.htm
作者: chobit    時間: 2009-5-13 21:17

Info about Mui X
http://www.foodinspectionweb.vch ... 4-8057-0080C86E0695
作者: bbuuee    時間: 2009-5-13 21:34

um.. 咁即係點?

no need to file anything?
作者: shoparound    時間: 2009-5-13 21:44     標題: RE: 梅x餐廳發現老鼠,嚇死我

Is Mui X the same as Ginger and Garlic?
作者: somewhereintime    時間: 2009-5-13 21:57

um.. 咁即係點?

no need to file anything?
bbuuee 發表於 2009-5-13 21:34

Please do yourself and us a favour, file a complaint then they will investigate.
作者: Ultraman    時間: 2009-5-13 22:01

"Rodent droppings observed throughout the premise..."
Holy rats!
作者: somewhereintime    時間: 2009-5-13 22:04

46# Ultraman
Zap them with your laser, Ultraman
作者: meowmeowmeow    時間: 2009-5-13 22:31

Is Mui X the same as Ginger and Garlic?
shoparound 發表於 2009-5-13 22:44


no ar...
作者: decane    時間: 2009-5-13 22:31

no more mui garden for me anyways
作者: 小叻    時間: 2009-5-13 22:38

Is Mui X the same as Ginger and Garlic?
shoparound 發表於 13-5-2009 21:44

nope.. ginger & garlic is 香辣屋~ close to Mui X
作者: Ultraman    時間: 2009-5-14 00:40

46# Ultraman
Zap them with your laser, Ultraman
somewhereintime 發表於 2009-5-13 22:04

Nope. Since the whoever god created both human and rat, there must be a reason for them to live in the world. The problem is they appear in the wrong place. If I could, I'd rather zap those restaurants owners who are irresponsible to the consumers and the staffs and the public.
作者: Littleprince    時間: 2009-5-14 09:21

好多度都有喇﹐呢D好難避免。。。連我地 DOWNTOWN OFFICE 都發現有﹐D老鼠生命力好強
作者: 小叻    時間: 2009-5-14 09:27

其實米奇們係五星級大廚黎架~~ 告發左佢地D野就唔好味架啦~~
作者: Littleprince    時間: 2009-5-14 10:41

其實米奇們係五星級大廚黎架~~ 告發左佢地D野就唔好味架啦~~
小叻 發表於 2009-5-14 10:27

LOL~~~

I watched that movie some 4-5 times, unable to finish any one of them... every time I watched, I fell in sleep in no time

Was it a good movie anyway?
作者: 小叻    時間: 2009-5-14 12:19

54# Littleprince
the movie is ok la~ coz i love to watch cartoon movies.. I watch this one on the plane~
作者: meowmeowmeow    時間: 2009-5-14 12:31

54# Littleprince
the movie is ok la~ coz i love to watch cartoon movies.. I watch this one on the plane~
小叻 發表於 2009-5-14 13:19


haha... I watch that one on the cruise ar... :p
But it is not bad woh...
作者: Mr_Right    時間: 2009-5-14 13:18

I go there from time to time.  I used to like their mini lunch set.  

I hope they get them fixed soon.  Perhaps, once they cook all of them... it'll no longer be an issue   Perhaps you can order curry micky rice for now...  keke
作者: somewhereintime    時間: 2009-5-14 13:25

I go there from time to time.  I used to like their mini lunch set.  

I hope they get them fixed soon.  Perhaps, once they cook all of them... it'll no longer be an issue   Perhaps you can order cu ...
Mr_Right 發表於 2009-5-14 13:18

Yes, that could be a solution lol
There are 10+ video clips showing how to singe the fur from rats, trim and form them into squab shape, roast or deepfry then sell them as squab or chicken. They look so real. Just search Youtube for Eating Rats
作者: eslmath    時間: 2009-5-14 15:37

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
作者: somewhereintime    時間: 2009-5-14 17:19

59# eslmath
Just a simple call to your local health authority(in the blue page)
tell the operator the location/name of the restaurant, then they will
locate the CPHI in charge of that area for you.
Tell him or her what do you think, they will check out the restaurant
next morning, even you cannot produce substantial evidence.
作者: Littleprince    時間: 2009-5-14 17:27

You losers don't even know how to file a health complaint against a restaurant in Canada.


eslmath 發表於 2009-5-14 16:37

you loser has nothing better to do
作者: mcjohnjohn    時間: 2009-5-14 17:32

you loser has nothing better to do
Littleprince 發表於 2009-5-15 09:27

你仲乜得野學埋人地d 衰野woh~
作者: eslmath    時間: 2009-5-14 17:39

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
作者: mcjohnjohn    時間: 2009-5-14 18:49

You don't know how to complain.  That's a fact.

On the other hand, everyone knows how to do it in Hong Kong.
eslmath 發表於 2009-5-15 09:39

huh? 我係香港人黎架~
點complain 架? 係唔係要去向特首示威? 定係要打999報警? 或者去民建聯議會辦事處求助?
作者: Austin    時間: 2009-5-14 19:22

You don't know how to complain.  That's a fact.

On the other hand, everyone knows how to do it in Hong Kong.
eslmath 發表於 2009-5-14 18:39


haha, everyone in Hong Kong knows how to do it because they have to do it all the time.
作者: mcjohnjohn    時間: 2009-5-14 19:39

haha, everyone in Hong Kong knows how to do it because they have to do it all the time.
Austin 發表於 2009-5-15 11:22

反對以偏概全, 我要打999 去complain 你. 哈哈~
作者: emailyahoo    時間: 2009-5-14 20:34

richmond個間真係好污,有次穿短褲去,去反來成腳蚊蘭!
作者: hermit_crab    時間: 2009-5-17 00:51

I haven't been there for a long time.  I used to like their curry chicken.  But the service is bad and the place is dirty.  Really don't need to think about this place again (maybe only the richmond location) after knowing the mickey family is walking around our feet.




歡迎光臨 溫哥華老友記討論區 (http://www.loyaukee.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2