返回列表 發帖
The commercial style Jook use a long of oil and pork fat to make the jook velvety
but not very healthy.

somewhereintime 發表於 2009-7-13 09:33


Who told you this? It is not true at all. If you don't know how to cook a good congee, you can take a course at Vancouver school board. They can teach you how to cook velvey and smooth congee without using any oil and it is a commercial style.

TOP

22# rockypath
The congee at VGH has nothing other than rice and water, 100 gallons done
in 15 minutes.
HOWEVER, all the Chinese Jook places I have been, they marinate the rice with
15% oil overnight ...
somewhereintime 發表於 2009-7-13 12:28


Don’t you know that you just embarrass yourself by making things up and BS?

Just go to take a class and learn how to cook a bowl of tasty and healthy congee.

TOP

後生仔好多時都唔會明白老人家既經驗之談架喇.
老人家既智慧, 我地呢d 做後輩既都要聽多d. 唔係話佢地一定arm, 不過, 佢地o係呢個世界生活左咁多年, 總會有d 野值得參考既. ...
mcjohnjohn 發表於 2009-7-14 00:10


If you like to listen to his BS, it is up to you. Maybe you should try to cook congee with rice marinated by oil and water, and tell us how good it tastes. I would doubt you can even marinate the rice with oil floating on the surface of the water.

TOP

本帖最後由 rockypath 於 2009-7-15 03:03 編輯
39# news
Someone has false accused me 3 times within an hour and suggested me to learn from a C9 so I just put the record straight.
...
somewhereintime 發表於 2009-7-14 09:12


I believe you don't even know which person I had mentioned teaching jook cooking at Vancouver schoold board. That person is HE, not SHE.

You certainly know "China Town" style congee since you worked in China town before.

P.S. I have to admit that I am not sure whether he is still teaching there. However, if you want to learn from him, I believe you can certainly find him.

TOP

I know that person, he used to work at T&T, and he is still teaching for Burnaby School District, he got fed up when many students complain that he insist to use MSG in the class.
He was my intern at VSB when he started, say 1998.somewhereintime 發表於 2009-7-15 08:29


I don’t think we are talking about the same person.


I set up a local noodle house in 1983 and it has generated profit to acquire $15 M commercial properties and 5 other businesses under its name,   

somewhereintime 發表於 2009-7-15 08:29


Cannot believe you would 將他人的成就說成自己的功勞.

TOP

2. The restaurant is family business, now operated by my cousins, my father reigned  their  
     kitchen for 23 years while my brother  managed the FOH.
Instead of speculating , would it  be much easier to ask the people directly?somewhereintime 發表於 2009-7-15 10:20


Ask you directly? I don't think so.

It is your uncle's business and you just worked there. Even worse, you bad-mouth your uncle and his business. Don't forget, he brought you to Canada.

TOP

Does anyone know how to boil jook in a regular stainless steel pot and not stick to the bottom?
zuesel 發表於 2009-7-17 10:41


My mom cook jook with regular stainless steel pot all the time. She once told me that the trick is to add lot of water, and it must be maximum heat at the beginning (I am not sure with this part, I can ask her tomorrow).

The jook does not stick to the bottom at all and very smooth.

TOP

返回列表