返回列表 發帖
原帖由 saimah 於 2008-2-26 08:19 PM 發表
I'm kinda worry about the custom too, like I didn't go back to Canada for almost 2 years, and I'm planning to go back maybe this summer.  2 years is a pretty long time, so I'm afraid they will ask so  ...

There is nothing to be afraid of. If you have already report everything properly (filing your oversea incoming to revenue canada) you can just tell them the truth. Customs are trainned to read ppl if they are lieing. (expression, body language, consistance of your answers...etc) Repeating "stupid" questions are just one of the technique.
I'm afraid they'll ask more and more.... PLUS, about that $750 limit,,, for sure over it la,, dunno if they'll open my lugage to check tim.... so scare...

If you bring anything back more than the $750 limit, just declare them! Most of the time, they will only tax GST/PST on them and it's not that much. Then, you have nothing to be afraid of even if they ask you to open up your luggages. (well unless you sumgle illegal things)
Good luck! Just be honest! I think it's totally worth it to pay small amount of tax and get "peace" of your mind.

TOP

原帖由 Hyde 於 2008-2-27 09:59 AM 發表


yea, do u really wanna tell them that u earn half a million last year and u are willing to give 50 something percent tax back to the government?

Yes you have to if you are still a Canadian and still live in Canada. And if you have half a million, 1 you cannot travel with that much cash. 2 you have enough $ to hire a good accountant to do your tax in a smarter way.

TOP

原帖由 Hyde 於 2008-2-27 09:56 AM 發表


i havn't declare non-resident yet....  and still have bank account in canada...  so does that means i gotta pay income tax in canada?  if thats the case, whats the best way to avoid that?  no way in ...

lol rich but never consult an accountant...

TOP

返回列表