返回列表 發帖
本帖最後由 布小熊 於 2009-4-18 23:44 編輯

We went there before our class with Zuesel last sunday. This is a very small restaurant on Edmonds St. I personally think it's not bad. They are more northern China food than Shanghainese.
menu:

stir fried lin go with chai choi

braised beef noodle soup

wor tip (pan fried dumplings)

dan dan noodle
附件: 您需要登錄才可以下載或查看附件。沒有帳號?註冊

本帖最後由 布小熊 於 2009-4-18 23:48 編輯

lyks who went on sunday, please feel free to comment on the dishes!
deep fried fish with sea weed

beef and pork dumpling

chives "boxes"


The re-constructed super long deep fried bun (ma tou) was funny!
before
after
dessert is bad. it's super oily:
附件: 您需要登錄才可以下載或查看附件。沒有帳號?註冊

TOP

I like their braised beef noodle and pan fried dumplings (wor tip). I like thick skin dumplings because that's more northern style. Less delicate but more hearty.
The beef dumplings were kind of weird. May be I will try their cabbage pork dumplings next time.

TOP

本帖最後由 布小熊 於 2009-4-19 00:12 編輯

7506 Edmonds Street, Burnaby
It's very small tho. Parking entrance is on Mary St.
I would rate it 7/10. (don't compare it with the fancy Shanghainese restaurants in Richmond it's different )
I would go there if I am in the area and want some northern chinese food.

TOP

Ah, so it's switched hand. I went to their "previous hand". Is this one worth a try?
chickenwingprin 發表於 2009-4-19 05:14 PM

Zuesel said not a good lor.

TOP

11# RayRay
The meal was for 7 ppl. haha

TOP

8# mcvities
I think the noodle itself is normal. (white flat noodle which the "lo ban leung" said is house made) But the sauce is a bit different. No peanut or sesame paste.
It's more the "Sichuan" version. More spicy and "ma", not thick and peanutie. According to Wiki, that's more like the original version and not the Taiwanese style. Again, it's personal taste.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Dan_Noodles
And this looks interesting too:
http://bj.sina.com.cn/art/20030509/33913.shtml

TOP

返回列表