返回列表 發帖
and he wants goose ones.... even harder to find

TOP

原帖由 BiscottiGelato 於 2009-3-10 04:29 PM 發表
If it must be in Richmond, and it can be duck Foie Gras, maybe you can consider this place
http://hakkasan.ca/

If it must be goose, my crappy knowledge really dunno where u can find real goose Foie G ...

howz food at hakkasan? I looked at their menu (pretty hard to know EXACTLY what the dishes are in english)... and almost all of their tasting menu except the "dine out $30" one have sharkfin!!!! I don't think I can eat there...

TOP

It's hard after reading "In Defense of Food", "The Omnivore's Dilemma", "The 100-Mile Diet"...etc
These books are more on the health side (not much about animal rights). But I really try to avoid fast food, pre-package and pre-process food as much as I can. Buying local food if possible.

TOP

原帖由 zuesel 於 2009-3-11 07:11 AM 發表
I've been to hakkasan and tried their foie gras as well, their $30 course. I can't say their foiegras is THAT good compare to other fine dining places ie: Le Crocodile. As for the rest of the food,  ...

I am not interested in trying their foie gras... sorry OT here...
So the only reason I want to try hakkasan would be for hakka style dishes...since you said they are more upscale HK style cafe like... I guess they are not my cup of tea then.
I haven't been to HK style cafe for over a year now.

TOP

原帖由 BiscottiGelato 於 2009-3-11 09:42 AM 發表


I wouldn't say they are upscale HK cafe, as long as you stay away from any non-chinese dishes.
their 'western' dishes does give that HK style cafe feeling to me. And it isn't so much hakka cuisine,  ...

May be I will try it for lunch.

TOP

回復 29# 的帖子

I am going to hakkasan for lunch some time in the near future but I won't order foie gras there.

TOP

原帖由 katamari 於 2009-3-11 06:06 PM 發表


海港D野差左好好好多呀講時講。上次飲完之後我估我短期內唔會再去喇

I think Sea Harbour is not so good... Last time I went, the squabs were dry and stir fried gai lan was oily.

TOP

返回列表