I am not big on Chinese tradition either BUT he DID insult you and your family.
"Then he said well if it's not about $$ then $100 is more than enough coz my mom doesn't deserve any... (he originally said $10)..."
And it's very true that even if he doesn't LIKE himself to be Chinese,this can NEVER be changed. What are you going to do if he teaching bad things to your kids to be irrespectful to all Chinese? (including grandpa, grandma)
I think you really have to think twice on your decision. Or get some counseling!
I think nowadays, ppl can just put a few hundred in a red pocket as a symbol of 禮金. Who care about the amount any more?! It's just a play of respecting the tradition.
btw. if he hates Chinese tradition so much why did he still accept his red pocket?
[ 本帖最後由 布小熊 於 2008-1-14 12:25 編輯 ] |