返回列表 發帖
1# auyatyat

The colour has nothing to do with flavour, just artificial dye, may  even be illegal
(many Chinese BBQ shop use orange yellow food dye popular in HK but illegal in Canada)

TOP

5# sheep

It is made without soya sauce,  colour dye instead

TOP

7# Ultraman

the dye taste neutral if used in moderate amount,  however  the food would leave   significant aftertaste
so the cooks always put some licorice in the broth at counter the mouthfeel

TOP

本帖最後由 somewhereintime 於 2009-9-16 11:21 編輯

9# peter236
I studied the Environment Health Hong Kong H doc. about 2,000 pages; in fact their standard is higher than Canada.
Regulation is one thing, enforcement is total different story.
Have you ever been Temple Street?
The vendor use one basin of cold water(about 12 gallon) to wash everything for 1 night, say 300 servings.
Tell us how the Dai Pai Dong do the dishes?
Nobody knows everything, I only know about Foodsafety

TOP

11# Ultraman

AAC has answered the question, what can you expect from T&T kitchen?
Once I bought some steamed meat buns there and the meat filling was rancid,
I spotted someone delivered  food there in dirty apple boxes. They outsource
supplies from the low-bidders. Anyway, for business performance, they're
really good.

TOP

13# Ultraman

Excuse me, but what is the problem if I agree with someone?
Do you have to be the unique one at all time just because you're Ultraman?
I speak what I know best, not just anything negative;
I do not know much about car, computer or photography so I do not give opinion on those topic.

TOP

No more argument , I'm just a lowly homo-sapien.
I do not have to show off in front of young and intelligent group here.
My audience is mostly Caucasian, and I've been known as an out-spoken
person.

TOP

Not only Chinese BBQ, it is cooking fatty meat over high heat that would
cause carcinogen. So this time is not about bashing Chinese food/cooks.
I do advocate healthy eating, and consumer right, what's wrong with that?
Cuttlefish is good eat, but not necessary with artificial dye.
The cuttlefish at the Admiralty Plaza(the one also sells Buddhist Vegetarian Food)
used to be very good, so as  "The Great 2" Supermarket

TOP

Cuttlefish is high in cholesterol  and not recommended  to consume in large quantity.
Lean fishes are much better choice for protein.
However, cuttlefish make good cold cut plate and it is relatively expensive.

TOP

Lean fish are white flesh  fish i.e. sole, cod, pamfret, snapper etc.
Fish oil contains Omega 3, but it also provide high calories; a person
can eat white fish 3 times daily, but not mackerel, oolichan and salmon.
The native Inuits  put oolichin oil on all kind of food, just to provide
energy(calories) for their bodies during the harsh winter, or they would use
the dried oolichans for candles, the fat in fish is so rich

TOP

返回列表