返回列表 發帖
I always order pineapple fried rice WITHOUT the pineapple shell..... u know...
布小熊 發表於 2009-10-9 00:40

Some  restaurants have been known to "recycle"  the pineapple shells
and fined by local public health inspectors.
I've seen restaurant recycle lobster shells for baked  lobster

TOP

14# 布小熊
I did not point my finger to any particular restaurant either,
it is from the routine inspection record posted on Inspectionweb.bc.ca.
Many people had read the posting and it is official record.
I  do not like Tropika  because the food quality is inconsistent,
only 1 item I really like and nobody else  beats it would be their salted fish, imported from Malaysia.
My student know that I like the particular salted fish and could not be imported from Malaysia, she would
buy it in Malaysia, mail it to someone in Singapore then ship  it to Canada, very thoughtful.
It is quite inexpensive but a lot of trouble to obtain.

TOP

I have a question to ask:
What is the word "Rasa" in Malaysian mean?
I have seen Rasa Malaysia, Rasa Singapora, Bee Rasa .......
千年百年煙雲外,縈懷的又豈是嬝娜輕愁..縱然碎落滿空星斗,我卻無法拭去記憶中那抹小小的 偶然, 凄酸 啊以及妳 長長睫影下的淚痕

TOP

when i was in highschool, I worked as a bus boy as a part-time.

I remember getting into trouble for NOT retaining the pineapple/honey melon shell.

since then I NEVER order that kind of dishes agai ...
daimo 發表於 2009-10-26 08:33

Thank you for verifying the fact, sir
otherwise someone is going to attack me as Chinese basher and fabricating fictions.
In fact, it is on the Vancouver Coastal Health Authority official website  for everyone.
千年百年煙雲外,縈懷的又豈是嬝娜輕愁..縱然碎落滿空星斗,我卻無法拭去記憶中那抹小小的 偶然, 凄酸 啊以及妳 長長睫影下的淚痕

TOP

It is a little more complicated than that:
1. You start with a good chicken
2. Fry shallots, garlic and ginger in chicken fat, add rice and cook until rice turn translucent in
    colour, add chicken broth, pandan leaves, bring to boil
3. Turn down heat to minimum, simmer 20 minutes, remove pandan leaves, ginger, garlic
     and shallots, fluff with chopsticks.
Served with Kecap Manis(Thick and sweet soy sauce), grated ginger and Ginger flavoured Chili sauce.  Chicken, A bowl of broth and cucumber slices.
It is not very healthy, but very good for cold and wet weather.
千年百年煙雲外,縈懷的又豈是嬝娜輕愁..縱然碎落滿空星斗,我卻無法拭去記憶中那抹小小的 偶然, 凄酸 啊以及妳 長長睫影下的淚痕

TOP

38# peter236

It is simple good home cooking
千年百年煙雲外,縈懷的又豈是嬝娜輕愁..縱然碎落滿空星斗,我卻無法拭去記憶中那抹小小的 偶然, 凄酸 啊以及妳 長長睫影下的淚痕

TOP

40# peter236
There are many different ways to make satay,
an easy way is below:
1. Get some good quality beef or chicken, trimmed and cut into 1"x1"x1/2" pieces, marinate with Chopped ginger, garlic, shallots, lemongrass and Kecap Manis for 1 hour
2. Thread the meat on bamboo sticks(soaked in oil, not water for 30 minutes)
3. Cook over charcoal or tabletop grill, baste with Kecap Manis(Indonesian sweet soy sauce)
4. Served with cucumber, raw onion,chili , lime and blachan,  Ketipat(Pressed rice)
千年百年煙雲外,縈懷的又豈是嬝娜輕愁..縱然碎落滿空星斗,我卻無法拭去記憶中那抹小小的 偶然, 凄酸 啊以及妳 長長睫影下的淚痕

TOP

I also have the recipes from the  Singapore Air Line
千年百年煙雲外,縈懷的又豈是嬝娜輕愁..縱然碎落滿空星斗,我卻無法拭去記憶中那抹小小的 偶然, 凄酸 啊以及妳 長長睫影下的淚痕

TOP

My satay sauce is very labour intensive:
1. Make my own 16 spices satay  seasoning
2. Grind lemongrass, galangal, ginger, garlic, shallots, chili, candlenuts
3. Fry the rempeh with satay seasoning, add peanuts, assam and coconut milk
Not worth to do it  if using only in small amount
千年百年煙雲外,縈懷的又豈是嬝娜輕愁..縱然碎落滿空星斗,我卻無法拭去記憶中那抹小小的 偶然, 凄酸 啊以及妳 長長睫影下的淚痕

TOP

返回列表