返回列表 發帖
What types of cuttlefish are the best for making street food?
peter236 發表於 2009-9-18 18:56

There are only 2 different types of cuttlefish, the large one  for stir-frying , poaching as for cold cut and cuttlefish balls.
The baby cuttlefish is good for stir-frying, satay, curry and Hot -Pot. They came from China, Thailand and Vietnam.
The Vietnamese do possess high technology for blast-frozen seafood therefore the Vietnamese frozen seafood are usually more
expensive. Quality -wise, they are quite similar.
For street food, depends on what you are buying-selling, the large cuttlefish contains  about 40-50 % of ice particles after thawing
so you need to buy more than you expected, the baby cuttlefish is a better value for your dollar.
Here, I speak from the consumer's perspective .

TOP

本帖最後由 somewhereintime 於 2009-9-19 16:34 編輯
Your knowledge from Hong Kong 30 years ago is outdated. Today's Hong Kong dai pai dong are totally different. Many of them have a store where their dishes are washed with machines. HK people are dema ...
peter236 發表於 2009-9-16 15:58

I get my latest info from Internet,  I subscribe to 30  Foodsafety agencies from around the world, the best one is from the
the National Restaurant Association from the US. That is the reason I spend  4-5 hours on the internet daily, and post here.
I  have 2,000 pages of materials published by the Environmental Health from 2004-2009, all the info on Foodborne Diseases,
H1N1,  Avian Flu and the Official  Food Premises Safety Training, in colours too.
Again, it is not how strict the regulations are, it is about how they are enforced.
Surely time evolves, remember  I used to slaughter  200 chickens every morning, hang dry for dinner and
250 live  fishes dresses in the afternoon  while I was serving my  apprentice at the Gloucester Hotel in Hong Kong, 1969

TOP

返回列表