返回列表 發帖

回復 3# 的帖子

Chun Tung at Empire Centre, high quality

TOP

原帖由 myversa 於 2009-2-23 22:42 發表
Superstore.  My dad bought pack of those and brought back to Taiwan.

I respect you as a gentleman, however, I need to clarify that everyone have to be really careful when you're
handling/dealing with raw fish consumption. According to CFIA ruling, only fish that has been blast-frozen could be consumed raw, that applies to Sashimi, Tartare, Cappacio, Cerviche and Singaporean New Year Yu-Sang.
That is. store at -35C for 24 hours.  Most of the high end blast-frozen are done on the fishing boats.
The salmon at most supermarkets would be fine for cooking or B.B.Q. but should never eaten raw. Blast frozen at -35C- -50C kills parasites live inside  fish, and the fish taste much better even they are cooked but then it would be physics. There is no such thing as cheap sashimi, just dangerous one. Properly blast -frozen salmon costs $14-18 per pound, therefore if you are feasting on $0.89  a pop salmon sushi, most likely you are carrying thousands of live parasites in your intestine system. You can check with local health inspectors to verify the info. I have written over 1000 Foodsafety and HACCP plans for restaurants and work closely with public health authorities for the past 20 years.

TOP

原帖由 myversa 於 2009-2-24 09:30 發表
Thank you for pointing that out.

But I forgot to point out that my dad did bought a frozen raw fish and since the airplane was traveling in high air and very low temperature, I think it w ...

Blast-frozen kills parasites. Traveling with raw fish is alright since the vendor would ice-packed the
fish for you. The issue is  handling fish that is to be served raw. Cooked fish is safe to eat.

TOP

原帖由 daimo 於 2009-3-7 18:27 發表


So that means catching a fish and then eating it before it's frozen is a bad idea? (like in TVB's Japanese cuisine shows)

Tasty does not necessary mean safe to eat, as an old timer from Hong Kong, I used to eat a lot of fresh water fish, which feed on human feces! yes they do taste good until you find out(or gross out)
Anyone who go fishing should know, once they cut up the garoupa and halibut, they can spot worms, don't panic yet, they are perfectly safe since they are to be cooked, but for sashimi? I'll pass.
Fujiya and Izumi are good for non-commercial shoppers except a bit pricy. I buy mine from Kay's Fish on Cordova Street, it carries more sashimi items than Fujiya and better price too. T & T do have tuna and Atlantic salmon sashimi, but make sure you do not buy their " Wild Salmon fillet for $4.50 a pound, the small print says Product of China.
My colleagues told me in major cities like Beijing and Shanghai, the moderate priced sushi bars use local fish that are severely polluted so people get sick after eating. However, the high-end sushi bars use imported products exclusively to ensure quality, but the menu price are much higher than Central District Hong Kong.
Today I met a "Japanese Restaurant" owner, her told me the AP price for salmon has gone up, they costs more than $10.00 a kilo!!!  Just curious what kind of salmon he is using for sushi.

TOP

回復 24# 的帖子

Hey Tiff, you're back

TOP

返回列表