返回列表 發帖

[西餐] Hot water

message
If you are a customer, you ask for hot water with lemon and sugar, do you expect to pay?
I charged the customer $1 for a tea pot of hot water, cup, spoon, sugar, and 2 slice of lemon.  
The customer got angry when she saw it on the bill, and refuse to pay.

I mean, we all love to have everything for free as customer.  Would you pay if you were charged?

本帖最後由 Prelude 於 2009-12-18 20:58 編輯

Many guys here fail to understand that 熱檸水 is a commonly charge drink in HK cafe restaurant.  It's almost same price as Milk Tea.  Of course, they will charge you for it when you ask Hot Lemon Water.  If you go in ask for hot water and ask for lemon slices, and make your own Hot Lemon Water with the table sugar, then the servers there will think you are the cheapest Chinese customer and will implicitly curse you and spread the word among other servers and customers.

My restaurant is a semi fine dinning western restaurant, that's why I contemplate not to charge them.  But I finally did, because she is asking for more this and that as well which I didn't charge for.

The difference between the hot water set I gave her and our Tea is only the premium tea bag which cost $0.50.  And we charge $3.50 for the tea.

The reason I didn't mention to her at the beginning is because, in a decent western restaurant serving western customers, you try not to offend them in any way.  In western world, if you ask the customer is ok with the $1 charge, it's an insult to many people, especially in high end restaurants.  (But in this case, she is not that type of customer.)

The end result of that, I took off the $1 charge for her to be happier.  But she won't be happy anyways though.

TOP

出黎吃喝玩樂都係為左開開心心, 為左 $1 而搞到自己唔開心又勞氣, 唔值得
我明白唔係為 $$ 既問題......但都要明白人家生意難做, 半舊檸檬都係錢丫
Purpleheart 發表於 2009-12-18 23:26



Exactly, varies from $0.25 to $1 each, average around $0.4.  With gas, storage, and spoilage, it's around $0.5.  Half lemon is $0.25.  Need to at least gain $0.75 to get even.

Then, plus the tea pot, spoon, and cup wash labour/chemical(for western restaurant), with few cents for sugar.  $1 is not making money.

Some ppl say put this on youtube.  It's just disgustingly dumb.

TOP

返回列表