返回列表 發帖
If u want Foie Gras, I really suggest stepping out of Richmond...

TOP

If it must be in Richmond, and it can be duck Foie Gras, maybe you can consider this place
http://hakkasan.ca/

If it must be goose, my crappy knowledge really dunno where u can find real goose Foie Gras in a restaurant...

TOP

原帖由 布小熊 於 2009-3-10 16:38 發表

howz food at hakkasan? I looked at their menu (pretty hard to know EXACTLY what the dishes are in english)... and almost all of their tasting menu except the "dine out $30" one have sharkfin!!!! I do ...


Food value in terms of portion/taste/price is not going to be that high, esp considering the fact that Chinese people want CHEAP Chinese food.

I like the environment. Gives a relatively unqiue and more modern experience to Chinese food. I don't like their fushion dishes or their 'western' dishes. But do appreciate the slight twist they sometimes give to re-interpret Chinese dishes, or at least put it in a different environment.

This is not like Wild Rice where it becomes a westerened/fushioned Chinese food. THese are still proper regular Chinese dishes. Smaller portion, not bad in taste, slightly high price but a relatively unique take on Chinese food, at least unique in the lower mainland. Don't expect wonders tho, this is just a twist so you don't have to suffer thru the same 海鮮酒家 experience again and again and again.

Just my stupid opinion... I really just eat and call it a day so....

[ 本帖最後由 BiscottiGelato 於 2009-3-10 22:42 編輯 ]

TOP

原帖由 布小熊 於 2009-3-11 09:02 發表

I am not interested in trying their foie gras... sorry OT here...
So the only reason I want to try hakkasan would be for hakka style dishes...since you said they are more upscale HK style cafe like. ...


I wouldn't say they are upscale HK cafe, as long as you stay away from any non-chinese dishes.
their 'western' dishes does give that HK style cafe feeling to me. And it isn't so much hakka cuisine, but more like just chinese cuisine.

And no point comparing Le Croc to this place..... it's more than double the price... 1 is French cuisine, which can be said to be famous for Foie Gras, the other is a Chinese restaurant....

[ 本帖最後由 BiscottiGelato 於 2009-3-11 09:44 編輯 ]

TOP

原帖由 B2L2 於 2009-3-11 11:26 發表


FYI, both starters,

Le Crocodile: Grilled Quail and Pan Seared Duck Foie Gras, Calvados Reduction $21.50
Hakkasan: Pan Seared Foie Gras $22

- Brian


Never know it's such a deal for Foie Gras at Le Croc. I only remember bone marrows were $10! Seems all the starters at Le Croc is not too bad of a deal then!

But yeah, i was saying more than double the price in terms of a typical meal out of the restaurant. I guess it's correct to say that if your meal involves Foie Gras, don't even bother with Hakkasan. But in general, don't bother with Hakkasan's non-Chinese dishes....

[ 本帖最後由 BiscottiGelato 於 2009-3-11 11:46 編輯 ]

TOP

返回列表