返回列表 發帖
In SE (software engineering) field, people often can get >100K if in senior or management level la.

TOP

就算十萬年薪,1個月扣埋稅,都係得$6000幾,仲未計RRSP,其他開支。其實如果計番港紙,$50000 一個月都算係中產,但係唔算係好有錢個隻囉。

TOP

RRSP 可以買成18% 喎,供保險唔會供兩成掛。我都想有100K,可惜冇哩。。。呢個月買埋RRSP,戶口由零開始,諗起都心傷

TOP

原帖由 快樂牛郎 於 2009-2-19 01:20 發表
唔中意可以唔買架


You are right, but if I don't buy then don't get the tax return...probably need to pay tax too. So RRSP is a "must" to me, although I don't really like it.

TOP

原帖由 peter236 於 2009-2-19 01:15 發表
But how many are in management level? Even Microsoft is laying off people now.

There are different level of management ...If you work around 7-10 years (which I believed some LYK could be if in their late 20s or early 30s, you should have worked at some kind of senior level or project management level la.

TOP

原帖由 Toppy 於 2009-2-19 05:12 發表
$6,000 CAD a month = $37206 HK dollar.

Not even great salary in Hong Kong ... but for "cheap and backward" Canada, how many people get to earn $100,000 CAD a year?

Taxes are high (income tax 40% and ...


Quality of life doesn't always count in terms on $. The fresh air here, is priceless.
I don't know how many people earn $100K a year but I can tell you with around 10 yrs of experience, in Software or Engineering field, a person could get close to $100K if not more.

TOP

原帖由 B仔 於 2009-2-19 12:44 發表
唔係話頂撞你,不過我好奇。。。小康之家係咪真係咁大想頭,每年出國玩一次,三架車?
到你要三部車嘅時候,D仔女都大,可以自己供下。兩公婆都唔一定要有兩架車啦,係咪?我心目中嘅小康之家,係要供樓,隔兩三年去玩一次勁嘅,屋企兩 ...

IMO, my definition of 小康之家 has more spare $ that can afford travel once a year. The family may have mortgage but at least 2 cars. And still have some money left after all the expenses. But it's not easy to be like that in Canada lor...
If the medium is $60K annual salary per family, it's hard to afford even travel once every 2 years la. Don't even mention $ left...
Yes I agree it's harder to save $ (or make $), but living standard doesn't only count on $. The living environment counts too. Like I said, the clean air here is priceless. Look outside today, from Richmond I can see the mountain in Vancouver side. That's at least 30KM and it's no way to have the same visibility in Hong Kong.

TOP

原帖由 B仔 於 2009-2-19 15:49 發表
fibbi,
哈哈哈,可能我太CANADIANIZED,我冇咁狼~ 我有層樓供,有一兩架車就夠滿足掛。得閒有少少錢淨比我裝吓身,隔兩三年去一次長途旅行。。。= my 小康之家

I agree嚟度環境太舒適,我好ENJOY,返工唔算人工好高,但係冇壓力,冇 ...


B jai, I enjoy living here too, although I dont't make 100K per year, I can't afford long distance travel every year too. And I cna't afford my own property either. But at least we have clean air, and perhaps less stress (in general).

TOP

原帖由 Toppy 於 2009-2-19 16:39 發表


Fresh air ... I used to believe in that argument until I see what's going on in Hastings street in Downtown Vancouver.

If you don't have money, you live in a high-crime, dirty, crappy neighborhood. ...

If I don't have $, I can still choose to live further away from city center. e.g. Langley, Abbortsford.
Or I can just rent basement in Richmond for example. That would cost less. There are lots of choices besides Hastings.
If working 7 years still on same position or same pay, it's more like your problem.
Fresh air means clean air, nothing to do with crime rate.
In HK everywhere is full of smog. It doens't make me sick right away but it's sure not good for health.

TOP

原帖由 Toppy 於 2009-2-19 18:35 發表



I am afraid the world doesn't work that way ...


Of course I (I'm sure other LYKs as well) don't know how your "world" works.

If you see no chances of promotion or pay increase, would you consider moving to another company? Or go back to study and "upgrade" yourself? Or study something else where there are better career chances?

TOP

返回列表