返回列表 發帖
Killing a baby is to treat someone good, care, responsible, love?  Even not talking about this religiously I don't see how this is so.  I think being a responsible parent means to do whatever it takes to take care of your kids, not to kill them!  Your method is "cut toes to avoid worms".  How do you know the kid will be ruined, how much higher (significant?) is the probability of that?  I think there are too many unknowns in this equation.  So it's OK to kill for these "unknowns"?  Have you heard "tomorrow will be a better day"?

According to your logic, it's irresponsible to have kids if you're low quality family, isn't that what you said?  So to be responsible (a virtue of human being is that they want to be good and being responsible is a good thing), you shouldn't have kids then right?

TOP

Hypothetical case:
If someone lost some limps because of an accident, you should tell him to suicide to end this pain and not ruin the rest of his life?  And be responsible for his family/government too so that they don't have to take care of him for the rest of his life?  If he doesn't suicide, then he's irresponsible?

[ 本帖最後由 shutterbug 於 2008-12-17 22:36 編輯 ]

TOP

let me try to answer these, see if we're really different...LOL

- Why telling "lie" is not good but "white lie" is OK? Doesn't any kind of lie mean dishonesty?
To me any lie is not good.

- What do you think to put a coma patient "true permanently sleep", is it good or bad to "itself" and "its" family and relatives and friends "it" cares?
If you ask me, I won't.

- If one day my wife and I being kidnapped, and the terrorist wants to kill either one of us in front of the other, and release the other, what would you choose?
I'd say to the terrorist "up to you"...lol  I don't think either of us is easily replaceable by the other...so doesn't matter who they kill

[ 本帖最後由 shutterbug 於 2008-12-17 23:05 編輯 ]

TOP

I say "less responsible" and "irresponsible", depends on different cases.
For example: If the parents are very poor but they still want to have kids, then they can't even feed their kids. OK, then they might have to reply on the government to feed them. In other words, they're "using" (relying) other people's resource/money "plannedly". I will call this irresponsible.
But for the first place, they're not responsible to their kids.

你講晒啦...
It doesn't matter who you're irresponsible to you're still being irresponsible.  So to be a good guy, a responsible guy, to your country and family, then low quality family should not have kids right?  Isn't it the same thing?

"tomorrow will be better" works most of the time ga wor...given that the current condition is bad...life is full of valleys and peaks, if you're at the bottom, next thing will be a peak (whether big or small), you won't be at the bottom all the time ga wor...I'd say it works most of the time la...LOL

TOP

原帖由 mcjohnjohn 於 2008-12-17 23:26 發表
my story again... (background info: I am 6 years older than Ah Lik)

20 years ago, my father was injured in an accident, he was a site worker (i.e. 地盤佬) and he kept working for 5 more years until h ...

congrats...you have a great mom!!!  you should be proud of your dad too cuz he got permanently injured for supporting a family too

I think you're not the only example, there are lots of real tough lives during the last two generations (around baby boom time).  Back then most people are poor and work their butts off to support the family.

btw, you and Ah Lik (Traum) are brothers?

[ 本帖最後由 shutterbug 於 2008-12-17 23:41 編輯 ]

TOP

Just answer quickly cuz kind of OT

If one day your gf/wife puts up some new make-up and ask you what she looks, even your heart thinks she's very ugly, would you say so?

Handle this with wisdom lor...just say I think you will look better with this, that, that and that...LOL

Mind to explain why you won't? (despite your religious background)
I will(providing that I am in the same family, and I have the authority to say yes or no.) Yes, I love the one lying on the bed, but I also love the ones still "alive". Looking the living ones bear such a sad burden everyday, false hoping everyday, and then heart breaking everyday again..... , I rather choose to end the life of the one lying on bed, but relief all others who are still living and need to move on for their lives. Yes, I will be very upset and heart breaking too, but that is my choice.

I don't have the right to take lives, that's all.

To tell the terrorist "up to you" doesn't mean you love your wife and will protect her as you need to do. How if the terrorist says: "OK, then I'll rape your wife first and then kill you but release her afterwards."?
I know, that's only my hypothetical question, but you didn't want to pick your choice, that actually reflects what kind of person you are. (I have no negative meaning at all.)

wah....so 風回路轉 ah...how can you guarantee that they don't do this after you give them a "proper" answer?  So by saying "up to you" it reflects what kind what kind of person I am already???  Wow...you're better than 先知!  You know, there is something only I and my wife will understand and I don't have to show it to a 3rd person, she knows me well and I know her well...LOL

TOP

Tell me what is a good reason a "lack-of-all-the-essential-elements" family/parent still wants to have kid(s)?

So low quality = lack of all essential elements?  Is that your final definition?   essentials meaning you will die without it?  if that's the case, then I'd say they shouldn't *plan* to have kids too lor...LOL

But it's very very unlikely for those people who "have absolutely nothing in hand" (not even one chip to gamble).

For this kind of people, they might  be able to 睇化 tomorrow...so situation is the same, but the mind/attitude have changed.

Correction: I meant "they shouldn't *plan* to have kids" in the above

[ 本帖最後由 shutterbug 於 2008-12-18 00:20 編輯 ]

TOP

原帖由 KY+NY 於 2008-12-18 00:33 發表


冇錯
我都讚成呢位仁兄0既睇法 雖然大傢講到好死好正義好男人0既做法 但我唔覺得當真係發生果陣大傢仲係咁做咯 現實畢竟係現實 生活畢竟係生活 ...

你真係見得好男人太少啦...haha

TOP

"睇化" means something negative happened, once or frequently, you may not feeling disappointed but just let it as is, since you know you have no control to change it.
So, it doesn't mean you (or someone) are happy with the current situation.

Doesn't mean you will be happy, it could just mean that you don't feel as bad as before.

There are many things in life that can make you feel unhappy, but the choice is yours, you can choose to put those behind your mind for a while and feel happier.  Everyone has unhappy memories ga la.

TOP

"好男人" is not common...but they do exist

It goes without saying that everyone on this planet is not perfect.  A "好男人" isn't perfect is either and don't be silly to think that he should be a perfect man, but for the most part he should be a very good man.

TOP

返回列表