返回列表 發帖

[西餐] Vancouver Spot Prawn Festival May 7, 2011

I got the ticket, $10
千年百年煙雲外,縈懷的又豈是嬝娜輕愁..縱然碎落滿空星斗,我卻無法拭去記憶中那抹小小的 偶然, 凄酸 啊以及妳 長長睫影下的淚痕

TOP

Uncle Some,

I have only bought spot prawns from Granville Island before (I got them from those small fish boats coming twice in the weekend afternoon)and realized T&T also have them at a lower price. I just wonder if they are actually same thing so maybe I should just get them from T&T instead.

TOP

T&T is cheaper and they still swim.

Those Gwai Lo knows nothing about freshness...

TOP

回復 3# tsumorichisato


    The spotted prawns event is to sell the prawns off the boats,
    as least it is how they promote.    Yes, T & T could be cheaper but the size is random and on the smaller side.
    The high end restaurants pick the good size prawns and sell them for higher prize.
    Just like you do not see any king crab over 13 Lb at T & T, just the smaller one, which
    do not have a lot of meat on them.
千年百年煙雲外,縈懷的又豈是嬝娜輕愁..縱然碎落滿空星斗,我卻無法拭去記憶中那抹小小的 偶然, 凄酸 啊以及妳 長長睫影下的淚痕

TOP

T&T is cheaper and they still swim.

Those Gwai Lo knows nothing about freshness...
ACC-HE 發表於 2011-5-5 14:21



    Yea, that's what I wonder too, I prefer the ones swimming in the tanks

TOP

回復  tsumorichisato


    The spotted prawns event is to sell the prawns off the boats,
    as lea ...
somewhereintime 發表於 2011-5-5 13:56


How do you cook spot prawns? Any good recipes?

TOP

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

TOP

At home,I usually steam them  in bamboo steamer,
served with  premium soy sauce with chili and chopped shallot, touch of lime juice.
or Barbecue with Chimichurri dipping sauce.
panfried with sweet soy sauce, tempura prawns' head
千年百年煙雲外,縈懷的又豈是嬝娜輕愁..縱然碎落滿空星斗,我卻無法拭去記憶中那抹小小的 偶然, 凄酸 啊以及妳 長長睫影下的淚痕

TOP

At home,I usually steam them  in bamboo steamer,
served with  premium soy sauce with chili and chopp ...
somewhereintime 發表於 2011-5-7 20:12

How do the restaurants usually make them?

TOP

返回列表