返回列表 發帖
I went to tropika last week for lunch..

we had ordered pineapple fried rice.. it's kind of rip off.. no pineapple meat inside with few sliced of chicken meat.. with half portion of rice as before, b ...
tweety 發表於 2009-10-8 06:31 PM

I always order pineapple fried rice WITHOUT the pineapple shell..... u know...

TOP

I always order pineapple fried rice WITHOUT the pineapple shell..... u know...
布小熊 發表於 2009-10-9 00:40

Some  restaurants have been known to "recycle"  the pineapple shells
and fined by local public health inspectors.
I've seen restaurant recycle lobster shells for baked  lobster

TOP

I went to tropika last week for lunch..

we had ordered pineapple fried rice.. it's kind of rip off.. no pineapple meat inside with few sliced of chicken meat.. with half portion of rice as before, b ...
tweety 發表於 2009-10-8 18:31



Which Tropika do you go?  I went to Cambie one 2 wks ago and ordered the pineapple rice, too.  It's fine and the pineapple is fresh, not recycle one.  

But, the waiter recommended one dish to us quoted with the price so & so. Eventually, we found the price is different in the receipt and asked him.  He replied he told us incorrectly and did not honoured what he offered.  

TOP

Which Tropika do you go?  I went to Cambie one 2 wks ago and ordered the pineapple rice, too.  It's fine and the pineapple is fresh, not recycle one.  

But, the waiter recommended one dish to us q ...
KittyLeung74 發表於 2009-10-9 10:14 AM

I didn't say that Tropika uses recycle pineapple.
I just said that I am being careful.

TOP

14# 布小熊
I did not point my finger to any particular restaurant either,
it is from the routine inspection record posted on Inspectionweb.bc.ca.
Many people had read the posting and it is official record.
I  do not like Tropika  because the food quality is inconsistent,
only 1 item I really like and nobody else  beats it would be their salted fish, imported from Malaysia.
My student know that I like the particular salted fish and could not be imported from Malaysia, she would
buy it in Malaysia, mail it to someone in Singapore then ship  it to Canada, very thoughtful.
It is quite inexpensive but a lot of trouble to obtain.

TOP

Tropika Aberdeen is always packed on Saturdays.

TOP

Tropika Aberdeen is always packed on Saturdays.
peter236 發表於 2009-10-9 15:12


Food is good or not depending personal taste so all I can say it is not authenticated; meaning the taste of the food is not the same as local in Malaysia.  Tropika might change the taste abit to suite some people's taste...
http://stay.snowinparadise.com

TOP

there is a tiny one at nanaimo & hastings, just beside the bank.  i always see a group of malaysian go there for lunch.  so i believe the food is quite malaysian style.  some items on the menu are quite unique, but not sure what they are, eventhough the menu is written in english.

TOP

yes that one is called sri malaysia I believe.  My restaurant landlord told me that the owner there cook good malaysian food.  I have not been there yet.  I believe they are from Malaysia too.
http://stay.snowinparadise.com

TOP

Yummy Malaysian Delights opened today.  

Btw, I sold my shares to the cook so I am no longer the owner but still I do believe the cook cooks good Malaysian food.
http://stay.snowinparadise.com

TOP

返回列表