返回列表 發帖
so none of the restaurants has good congee?
myversa 發表於 2009-7-13 11:19

個人喜歡粥面軒同埋麗晶廣場的“楓味”﹐個人咋
我好惹火。。。

TOP

The commercial style Jook use a long of oil and pork fat to make the jook velvety
but not very healthy.

somewhereintime 發表於 2009-7-13 09:33


Who told you this? It is not true at all. If you don't know how to cook a good congee, you can take a course at Vancouver school board. They can teach you how to cook velvey and smooth congee without using any oil and it is a commercial style.

TOP

19# Littleprince

冇韭菜?有冇搞錯,咁快放工!

TOP

22# rockypath
The congee at VGH has nothing other than rice and water, 100 gallons done
in 15 minutes.
HOWEVER, all the Chinese Jook places I have been, they marinate the rice with
15% oil overnight then boil until all the oil absorbed  by rice. I visit restaurants
with CPHI often, say by the hundreds

TOP

22# rockypath
The congee at VGH has nothing other than rice and water, 100 gallons done
in 15 minutes.
HOWEVER, all the Chinese Jook places I have been, they marinate the rice with
15% oil overnight ...
somewhereintime 發表於 2009-7-13 12:28

You mean there are these hundreds these of congee places here?

TOP

About 50 in Metro Vancouver

TOP

Actually plain congee is hard to come by, it is simply not feasible for business,
how much are you willing to pay for a bowl of plain congee? while jook with
sliced fish could be billed $6-9 easily

TOP

About 50 in Metro Vancouver
somewhereintime 發表於 2009-7-13 13:30

But you said you went to hundreds of these places here.
Anyway, which are the best?

TOP

I said I've been hundreds of restaurant kitchens,
taste-wise, the Jook Mein Koon on Broadway at Main is good, but
the kitchen floor is full of grease. Ho Yuen Kee on Fraser was good
but I haven't been there for years, Fung Ming in Richmond is quite good,
I don't usually order Jook in restaurant.
I used to make 100 gallons of Chiu Chow Jook daily in Hong Kong
which is very easy to do

TOP

19# Littleprince

冇韭菜?有冇搞錯,咁快放工!
CWong 發表於 2009-7-13 12:15

冇韭菜﹖ 梗係喇 加左 韭菜 就唔叫白粥喇
我好惹火。。。

TOP

返回列表