返回列表 發帖

[日本料理] Motomachi Shokudo - Ramen!

We were going to Kintaro for ramen, but they were closed.

So we went couple blocks down to “Motomachi Shokudo.” This is the first time for me. The seating a lot more comfortable than Kintaro! It’s always so crowded there, but I guess for the ramen it’s all worth it.

They offer more variety as well. They also have organic options to choose from! I was starving so I decided to order the “Extra BBQ with Miso.” The server is quite pushy though. At first he directed me to the “extra toppings” page, and I thought he was informing me that my ramen only comes with BBQ and no other toppings. Then I realized he’s asking if I wanted egg with my ramen. Being a cheap Chinese, I decided to stick with the $11.99 (or was it $11.45?) ramen, and not add another $0.99 to my bill. He asked my co-workers the same questions. Lastly, he gave his last shot and see if we wanted some Gyoza. We politely declined.

My ramen was so good! The three pieces of “extra BBQ” are half filled with FAT. Even though it’s extremely FAT, it’s yet the most delicious BBQ meat that I’ve ever tasted. It melts the instant it was in my mouth. Even though the soup base is a bit salty, I was still quite satisfied with my ramen. At the end, I wasn’t even able to finish it because it was too much!

I’ll definitely go there again. Maybe I’ll try their Shoyu next time. One of my co-workers ordered “Charcoal” and it was black. But apparently it’s really healthy and it’s for anti-aging and dieting. Haha, but I think I’ll pass on that one.



I LOVE RAMEN!
附件: 您需要登錄才可以下載或查看附件。沒有帳號?註冊

本帖最後由 yuusaku 於 2009-7-8 23:09 編輯

actually I wanted to go to Motomachi Shokudo today for their summer special cold noodle, ended up they are closed on Wednesday....went to Kintaro instead.

i personally like MS the best (comparing to Benkei, Ezogiku, Kintaro & G-men)

try their bamboo charcoal miso next time, i'm pretty sure you'll enjoy it!

also their gyoza is huge and tasty (if i remember correctly, 4 pcs per order)

TOP

too bad... I went once and my bf HATE MS's seating. We prob will never go back.

TOP

And where exactly is this place?

-Lik

TOP

740 Denman Street
"Out-Out Brief Candle, Life is but a walking shadow"
- William Shakespeare

TOP

both stores have the same owner isn it?
I miss you...

TOP

740 Denman Street
its_visa 發表於 2009-7-9 04:18

Oh that one. It isn't "a couple of blocks" away from Kintaro la. More like 20 meters on the north side of Kintaro je mah.

Their ramen is good, but it seems a little pricy to me law.

-Lik

TOP

6# news


yes, so-called 'high end' version of kintaro as they are from the same owner

TOP

kintaro only regardless if it's from the same owner or not~

TOP

the ingredient they use are all organic, its more healthy and less oily compare to kintaro. I would say MS talks about quality while kintaro talks about quantity.

TOP

返回列表