返回列表 發帖

[咖啡店與茶館] High tea @ Adonia

http://www.adoniatea.com/

I love this real fruit tea. It's a mix of real juice and tea, with real fruit inside.





2nd plate with scones and bread pudding.


Price: $25/person.
(mini set would be $15 with tea+6 pieces pastry).

I like the scones in Secret Garden more but this is not bad either. The bread pudding is very good.
As for the sandwiches, I think there are more varieties than Secret Garden. As for dessert, both are too sweet to my taste. But I think it's more "authentic" as the western dessert is always on the sweet side.

Overall, I think I will go back for mini high tea next time. Like the fruit tea there. I'll go back to Secret Garden for the scones!

Uncle Some, do you have the british scones recipe to share? I have tried a few but it doesn' quite h ...
tsumorichisato 發表於 2011-1-18 11:05



    就叫哂啲女去some叔度學點
侍候老公
簡稱 '侍公'

TOP

I think the difficult part of scone making is the kneading part. Those can't easily "learn" by just looking at the recipe.

TOP

回復 41# tsumorichisato

Surely, good girl.
I have some nice recipes on my hdd drive,
will pull it out tonite when I get home.
Only problem is that the cultured butter is very
difficult to find in Vancouver
千年百年煙雲外,縈懷的又豈是嬝娜輕愁..縱然碎落滿空星斗,我卻無法拭去記憶中那抹小小的 偶然, 凄酸 啊以及妳 長長睫影下的淚痕

TOP

Uncle Some, do you have the british scones recipe to share? I have tried a few but it doesn' quite hold the shape, I don't like the American kinds.

I have a jar of rose jam that I still haven't had a chance to use it

TOP

回復 39# fibbi


    So you are newly grad.
    It is not difficult at all, just to understand the idea.
    The problem is that scones do not keep well,
     they dry out in few hours. (that is, the good home made one,
     commercial one keeps for a week easily.)
千年百年煙雲外,縈懷的又豈是嬝娜輕愁..縱然碎落滿空星斗,我卻無法拭去記憶中那抹小小的 偶然, 凄酸 啊以及妳 長長睫影下的淚痕

TOP

回復 38# somewhereintime


    I made scones in my Home Economics Class before, the result is just bad. I didn't try shortcakes or other recipes.

I think I'd rather bake "cake"... it's easier to manage...

TOP

回復 37# fibbi

Alas,  Lavender Scones, Strawberry Shortcakes, and Cream Biscuits,
they are  closed related
千年百年煙雲外,縈懷的又豈是嬝娜輕愁..縱然碎落滿空星斗,我卻無法拭去記憶中那抹小小的 偶然, 凄酸 啊以及妳 長長睫影下的淚痕

TOP

回復 36# somewhereintime


    Yeah, I like going for afternoon tea (that sounds like the proper name) as the portion is small and I like different scones and pastry.

As for scones I tried to make at home...it's a DISASTER.... 可以擲得死人。Didn't put more effort in it since then.

TOP

回復 35# fibbi

According to British custom,  Afternoon tea and High Tea
are  totally different, High Tea is for working class.
The term  "  Tea"  would referred as Meal, as
" Pudding" for all desserts, including some sliced oranges.
but in N. America, everything goes, I've seen Vietnamese
Salad roll served at High Tea.
Well,  I appreciated everything properly prepared with heart.
千年百年煙雲外,縈懷的又豈是嬝娜輕愁..縱然碎落滿空星斗,我卻無法拭去記憶中那抹小小的 偶然, 凄酸 啊以及妳 長長睫影下的淚痕

TOP

返回列表