返回列表 發帖
I go to Grandview Hwy @ E.Van location

TOP

今日去過pricesmart,好多都係講廣東話,好似都仲有唔少香港人留低係溫哥華.

TOP

其實成條No.3 Rd, 由Capstan Wy 到Westminster Hwy, 都好多人講廣東話。

TOP

講廣東話=/=香港人
係邊到趺底就係邊到躺下

TOP

回復  Nam


    but finding a parking spot is a nightmare
sheep 發表於 2013-1-29 03:19


你講邊間pricesmart?
richmond 個間幾易搵

TOP

我兩邊都有朋友做律師,做唔同類型,我可以99%肯定香港係搵得多好多,因爲香港比較"多勞多得" ...
大C姐 發表於 2013-1-28 10:02


Hmm... I think most that makes it big in HK is more because of relationships, not because of their resume. Relatinoship is important no matter where one goes. Just that in North America, even if you don't have very good connections, you can probably make a very decent living given you have a decent resume. In HK, relationship comes first.

I honestly don't know that many people making over say 50k HKD before 30 years old in HK. The ones even worse off are the ones that think they can't get a good career in Vancouver, only to make even less in HK, along with the false hope that there's more 'opportunities' down the road.

I do know plenty here that makes over 100k before 30 years old here. In terms of whether money goes further in HK or Van. For my lifestyle at least, it definately goes a lot further here. The biggest ticket items normal people usually spend is a home and a car. Both which are significantly cheaper in Van than HK. Then you get to going to the driving range, 18 holes, hitting the track, the slopes, etc. Much cheaper in Van. Then you get to the air, the commute, the scenary, etc. HK vs North America is simply not even in the same league. It is without a doubt that the average middle class of Van have much better quality of living here than HK.

Now one can argue that things gets even better if one moves state-side (California specifically). Higher income, lower housing prices, lower price on everything, and the sunshine~ The trade off is a smaller/less concentrated Asian community.

So the only thing I can think of as benefit for living in HK, is just pure number of Asians there. I know a guy or 2 that used to be the dryest single guy in Van for YEARs, still have like a bunch of gals going after him in HK. Van still give you a mini Asia experience with Richmond specifically. If one don't care about any of these, I'd say get a TN/H1B and move to the real strong country of this planet. Amazon Prime to the door, can't be beat~

TOP

I think this sums up what I said. Quality of Life Index by Numbeo, factoring in Local Purchasing Power given Avg Income. HK is not even close to Van, let alone SF.

HK Quality of Life Index: 97.52
Van Quality of Life Index: 158.71
SF Quality of Life Index: 174.10

http://www.numbeo.com/quality-of ... p?country=Hong+Kong
http://www.numbeo.com/quality-of ... nada&city=Vancouver
http://www.numbeo.com/quality-of ... San+Francisco%2C+CA

TOP

Hmm... I think most that makes it big in HK is more because of relationships, not because of their ...
BiscottiGelato 發表於 2013-1-31 12:38



    絕大部份都認同,除咗你話香港5萬蚊人工好少,我又完全唔覺喎。我嘅朋友當然大多數係專業人士,但係都有各行各業。好似做head hunt,做公司信用評級,甚至做corporate secretary都有5皮(或更多)一個月,而且都係30歳到。

反而,年薪過$100k嘅Vancouverite老實講,真係唔算多,我識嘅賺到都係做生意唔係打工。

TOP

本帖最後由 Look4chrisng 於 2013-1-31 15:51 編輯

回復 199# BiscottiGelato





The freedom you enjoy here in Vancouver at least count for something.  If you hate the NDP, you have the Liberals; didn't matter they are look-a-like, at least with your vote, you can vote them out.

Not so much in Hong Kong.

TOP

Hmm... I think most that makes it big in HK is more because of relationships, not because of their ...
BiscottiGelato 發表於 2013-1-31 12:38


It's not necessary to count on relationship for decent jobs in HK.

The market price for being an in-lawyer at a financial institution is about 50k/month on average with 2-3 relevant experience.  With 20 yrs experience can be up to 200k/month.

Becoming a proprietary trader at an investment bank can earn 2-3 million a year easy in the past few years, not counting 2007 (because just the bonus itself was 2-3 million).

These are the people I personally know and they don't have any relationship with the people at the company and the company.

I don't deny that some may have relationships, but not that I see.

True that if you are not professional, in finance-related job and working for land developer, your life can miserable in HK.

TOP

返回列表