返回列表 發帖
原帖由 Guy 於 2008-1-8 22:51 發表
禮金 screw it...

my family  will never pay those 禮金 to anyone



Why not? I would love to know coz I have a hard time understanding why...

TOP

maggie, i think u will never understand why, coz you and your 'bf' are different creatures from different planet.  sorry to say this.. again, but such small issue is already causing soo much touble, how do u expect a happy marriage coming out of this??

TOP

原帖由 Keepit 於 2008-1-9 23:03 發表
maggie, i think u will never understand why, coz you and your 'bf' are different creatures from different planet.  sorry to say this.. again, but such small issue is already causing soo much touble, h ...


Obviously no two people are born identical... I think it is a good thing that everyone is different so that we can learn and complete each other.  In a healthy relationship, we should be able to make each other a better person by learning from our differences.  However, without understanding what the other person is thinking, how am I supposed to learn and cope with the differences?  As someone else mentioned, this is about "respect", so it's is not a small issue.  I am with this guy for 7 years and there are reasons why I am still with him.  What makes this difficult for me is that I feel like I am the only one who is willing to sacrifice and compromise... I am not even given a chance to understand and to be understood...

TOP

I believe girl's family pay for the wedding instead of the guy's family pay "lai gum" in western culture.

TOP

原帖由 Maggie 於 2008-1-10 10:10 發表


I am with this guy for 7 years and there are reasons why I am still with him.  What makes this difficult for me is that I feel like I am the only one who is willing to sacrifice and compromise... I am not even given a chance to understand and to be understood...

Maggie, then which reason(s) is/are stronger, to decide whether you should still stay with him or to leave him and find a better man? Cuz marriage is a life time commitment lai ga!

TOP

原帖由 Ultraman 於 2008-1-10 11:15 發表

Maggie, then which reason(s) is/are stronger, to decide whether you should still stay with him or to leave him and find a better man? Cuz marriage is a life time commitment lai ga!



I think about this all the time... If I can handle this logically I would have broken up with him 6 years ago... sigh...

TOP

原帖由 Maggie 於 2008-1-10 23:51 發表



I think about this all the time... If I can handle this logically I would have broken up with him 6 years ago... sigh...

To break up now (after 6-7 years together) is tough; but still better than to divorce after married, or to tolerate more years after married but not feeling happy for the rest of your life. Listen, please sit down and re-re-consider again before you regret for making not-too-good decision. Good luck la!

TOP

Maggie, have you and your bf considered couples counseling?

Some info:
http://www.barbaramulskicounsell ... couver_couples.html
http://www.pacificfamilylife.com/

TOP

原帖由 jumptiger 於 2008-1-11 00:44 發表
Maggie, have you and your bf considered couples counseling?

Some info:
http://www.barbaramulskicounsell ... couver_couples.html
http://www.pacificfamilylife.com/



I suggested it and he wouldn't go...  Thanks for the info though.

TOP

原帖由 Ultraman 於 2008-1-11 00:41 發表

To break up now (after 6-7 years together) is tough; but still better than to divorce after married, or to tolerate more years after married but not feeling happy for the rest of your life. Listen, p ...

very true... my last relationship was even longer than hers... still need to broke up, better than divorce in the future and waste both person's extra few yrs.

TOP

返回列表