返回列表 發帖
If I remember correctly 金隆 is Singaporean food.  I tried it once one year ago but I barely remembered what I ate.  It could only mean that the dish is not standing out.

http://www.urbanspoon.com/w/ ...
myversa 發表於 2009-10-23 08:40

The Hainan chicken rice at this place is just average. For some reason, they always put some brown sauce on their Hainan chicken. I don't know if it is fish sauce or soy sauce. The chicken oil rice does not have enough chicken oil in it.  I suspect they just put some chicken powder or chicken broth. Most of their customers just buy take out from them.

TOP

they have survived many yrs, although i agree, their food don't stand out.

TOP

The Hainan chicken rice at this place is just average. For some reason, they always put some brown sauce on their Hainan chicken. I don't know if it is fish sauce or soy sauce. The chicken oil rice d ...
peter236 發表於 2009-10-25 22:17


I found their chicken rice was okay.  Since Hainanese Chicken is easy to cook so it's nothing special to have good hainanese Chicken.  Many people use chicken powder for its rice chicken because it's easier to cook and do not need to waste so much rice if not enough customers.
http://stay.snowinparadise.com

TOP

Some  restaurants have been known to "recycle"  the pineapple shells
and fined by local public health inspectors.
I've seen restaurant recycle lobster shells for baked  lobster
somewhereintime 發表於 2009-10-9 06:36


when i was in highschool, I worked as a bus boy as a part-time.

I remember getting into trouble for NOT retaining the pineapple/honey melon shell.

since then I NEVER order that kind of dishes again.

(the restaurant  went out of business for years ... so don't ask me which one it was)

TOP

when i was in highschool, I worked as a bus boy as a part-time.

I remember getting into trouble for NOT retaining the pineapple/honey melon shell.

since then I NEVER order that kind of dishes agai ...
daimo 發表於 2009-10-26 08:33

Thank you for verifying the fact, sir
otherwise someone is going to attack me as Chinese basher and fabricating fictions.
In fact, it is on the Vancouver Coastal Health Authority official website  for everyone.
千年百年煙雲外,縈懷的又豈是嬝娜輕愁..縱然碎落滿空星斗,我卻無法拭去記憶中那抹小小的 偶然, 凄酸 啊以及妳 長長睫影下的淚痕

TOP

本帖最後由 peter236 於 2009-10-26 11:44 編輯
I found their chicken rice was okay.  Since Hainanese Chicken is easy to cook so it's nothing special to have good hainanese Chicken.  Many people use chicken powder for its rice chicken because it' ...
myversa 發表於 2009-10-26 08:39

That is why this restaurant is not that good. Authentic Hainan chicken rice requires the use of chicken oil to cook the rice. They need to retain the chicken oil from the cooking of the chicken, and then add the oil to the rice.

TOP

It is a little more complicated than that:
1. You start with a good chicken
2. Fry shallots, garlic and ginger in chicken fat, add rice and cook until rice turn translucent in
    colour, add chicken broth, pandan leaves, bring to boil
3. Turn down heat to minimum, simmer 20 minutes, remove pandan leaves, ginger, garlic
     and shallots, fluff with chopsticks.
Served with Kecap Manis(Thick and sweet soy sauce), grated ginger and Ginger flavoured Chili sauce.  Chicken, A bowl of broth and cucumber slices.
It is not very healthy, but very good for cold and wet weather.
千年百年煙雲外,縈懷的又豈是嬝娜輕愁..縱然碎落滿空星斗,我卻無法拭去記憶中那抹小小的 偶然, 凄酸 啊以及妳 長長睫影下的淚痕

TOP

wow, thanks for your recipe.

TOP

38# peter236

It is simple good home cooking
千年百年煙雲外,縈懷的又豈是嬝娜輕愁..縱然碎落滿空星斗,我卻無法拭去記憶中那抹小小的 偶然, 凄酸 啊以及妳 長長睫影下的淚痕

TOP

How do make good satays at home?

TOP

返回列表